Verizon is readying two new Motorola Android phones for the coming months. One of them is the Motorola Shadow / Xtreme – appeared until now in several leaked photos. The other one is the Motorola Droid 2 (A955).
Reportedly, the Droid 2 A955 has features similar to the ones of the Shadow / Xtreme, but it’s thicker because, like the first Droid, it has a sliding QWERTY keyboard.
Droid Life claims to have a photo of the Motorola Droid 2, showing the handset to be slightly different than the Shadow / Xtreme (pictured on the right):
Neither Verizon, nor Motorola has confirmed the existence of the Droid 2 and the Shadow / Xtreme. However, the handsets seem real enough, and they might hit the shelves really soon. Until then, Verizon’s customers can still try to buy an HTC Droid Incredible.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Droid Shadow (Xtreme) shows up again, runs Android 2.2 now?
- Verizon officially presents the Motorola Droid X
- Motorola Droid 2 video, specs. Droid Shadow / Xtreme might be called Droid X
- Sanjay Jha: Motorola Droid sales still strong; 4 video-calling capable phones may come this year
- Two new Motorola Droids prepared by Verizon for July, one of them is likely the Shadow