LG GU292 PTT Phone Quietly Shows Up on AT&T’s Business Site
Once upon a time, AT&T’s lineup consisted of several different options for PTT devices. At present time, however, AT&T’s Push-to-Talk offerings are rather limited. We assume the carrier just realized this as it looks like it’s trying to make a PTT comeback. With the Samsung Rugby II released earlier this week, the next phone release is the LG GU292, a new basic slider phone that looks much like the LG Shine II.
The GU292 has been kept hush-hush for the most part, just quietly showing up yesterday on AT&T’s Premier business-oriented website. No price was mentioned at the moment, so we’ll need to update you as soon as we have word. We’re expecting this to be on the lower end and become a good affordable PTT option in comparison to the far more expensive Rugby II.
It’s quite likely this particular device will go the way of the LG eXpo and only be available to Premier customers, but we could be completely wrong on this and it may just be that AT&T wants to dip its toe in the pool to see if it’s worth ordering more from LG before letting the brick-and-mortar stores sell it.
Specs for the GU292 include:
- Dimensions: 3.92 x 1.85 x 0.64 inches
- Weight: 3.71 ounces
- Talk Time: Up to 6.5 hours
- Standby Time: Up to 21 days
- Battery: 900mAH Lithium Ion
- Technology: GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA*
- Frequency: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz; 850/1900 MHz (UMTS/HSDPA)*
- Memory: 100 MB internal memory with microSD™ expandable memory up to 16GB (microSD card sold separately)
- Display: 2.0 inches, 262k color TFT, 176 x 220 pixels
- aGPS with AT&T Navigator, Bluetooth
- Audio file formats—MP3, WMA, AAC, and AAC+