We knew that the Samsung Galaxy S i9000 would be available at Vodafone UK since last month, and now the smartphone can finally be pre-ordered.
The Galaxy S is offered by Vodafone for free on a 2-yr contract with monthly plans from £35 ($51.5). The British carrier says the handset should be available starting June 15 – that’s next Tuesday.
The Galaxy S is the first Android smartphone to feature a Super AMOLED display (4 inch WVGA), and it comes with plentiful nice specs, including HSPA, Wi-Fi with DLNA, Bluetooth 3.0, 1GHz processor, and a 5MP autofocus camera with HD video recording. You can pre-order the handset online here.
US customers will also be able to get the Samsung Galaxy S soon, probably via T-Mobile first (where it could, and probably will be marketed as an iPhone alternative).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy S II coming to Vodafone India on June 3
- Samsung’s Android Gingerbread flagship smartphone leaked (it’s not the Nexus S)
- LiMo-based Samsung i8330 H2 (for Vodafone) with Super AMOLED touchscreen shows up
- Samsung Galaxy S i9000 launching in Asia in June. Android 2.2 Froyo promised for later
- Samsung Galaxy S i9000 on pre-order in the UK for £549.99