This had to happen sooner or later.
Ever since the announcement of ridiculously well specced’up Samsung Galaxy S, the interwebs were abuzz about full QWERTY keyboard equipped version of this handset, dubbed Samsung Galaxy S Pro.
But, even though everyone who cared knew, that Galaxy S Pro is coming, not a single picture of it has leaked yet. Until today:
Nothing much to look at, but still it’s nice to finally see the new Samsung Galaxy S Pro in the flesh.
If Samsung will keep the same specs as on it’s keyboardless sibling, Samsung Galaxy S should be one mighty impressive Android smartphone with:
- Android 2.1, later upgraded to 2.2
- 4″ Super AMOLED (which is 20% brighter and eliminates 80% of sunlight glare),
- Social Hub,
- 16 GB internal storage plus MicroSD capability
- Document Editor
- Remote Controller for Samsung TVs
- Google Maps Navigation with Voice search and turn-by-turn (as well as real-time traffic updates)
- Daily Briefing, a way to view your favorite widgets and info on one page
- Wireless tethering (the presentation led me to believe that it broadcasts its own MiFi, instead of tethering via Bluetooth)
- HD Movie Recording
- Layar Augmented Reality Browser
- allshare via DLNA
The Samsung Galaxy S Pro in the picture is made for Sprint, but it’s a safe bet, that it won’t be an exclusive this time, and other operators throughout the world will soon be getting their Galaxy S Pro’s too.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- #CTIA 2010: Samsung Galaxy S Specs and Hands-On
- Google intros free Maps Navigation for Android 2.0, Garmin and TomTom stocks plummet
- Google Maps Navigation for Android updated, now automatically routes you around traffic
- Google Maps 4.1 for Android launched with latitude widgets, “search ‘n swipe” and more
- Google Maps Navigation for Android 1.6 released