We’ve seen the BlackBerry Bold 9800 lots of times until now, both in photos and videos, but RIM has still not announced it. Perhaps the Canadian company didn’t announce the 9800 yet because it’s still not sure about its final name.
A recent post at CrackBerry implies that the new smartphone (RIM’s first slider) might be called Torch 9800 instead of Bold 9800.
RIM has registered the BlackBerryTorch.com domain, so we might see a whole new series of BlackBerries carrying this name – maybe all of them being sliders. The idea for the new name may have come from Torch Mobile, acquired by RIM last year.
Te BlackBerry Bold / Torch 9800 is expected to be officially unveiled in the next few months, running BlackBerry OS 6.
The fake BlackBerry 9800 has dual SIM capabilities, and it reportedly costs about $75 – that’s probably about $600 less than the price of the real, unannounced Berry.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint’s BlackBerry Bold 9930 and Torch 9850 discounted at Walmart
- Canada: BlackBerry Torch 9860 now available at Telus, Bold 9900 and Torch 9810 get discounted
- New BlackBerry Torch 9860, Torch 9810, Bold 9900 and Curve 9360 to be launched by Bell soon
- Prices for BlackBerry Torch 9860, Torch 9810 and Bold 9900 announced by Rogers
- BlackBerry Torch 9860 launches in India, priced at Rs. 28,490