As you may already know, the Galaxy S Pro has a full QWERTY keyboard, but other than that we’ve guessed it’s not too different from the Galaxy S.
Android Central seems to confirm this, as it has received a list of Galaxy S Pro specs and features.
Apparently, the Samsung Galaxy S Pro is thicker than the EVO 4G (it has a sliding keyboard after all), and a bit shorter and narrower than it – that’s because it seems to have a 4 inch WVGA display (instead of a 4.3 inch one). By the way, the display is probably Super AMOLED.
- Android 2.1, seemingly with TouchWiz UI 3.0
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- EVDO Rev A / WiMax
- VGA front-facing camera
- 5MP camera on the back, with “1X optical zoom” (this sounds fishy)
- HD video recording
- 1 GHz Samsung processor
- 512MB of RAM
- 8GB of internal memory
- SIM card slot (if this is true, the Galaxy S Pro is a global smartphone, so it should also have EDGE/HSDPA connectivity)
image via Android Community
The launch date of Sprint’s Samsung Galaxy S Pro is not known. But since AT&T has already announced the Galaxy S Captivate, and T-Mobile will probably unveil the Galaxy S T959 soon, Sprint will probably hurry up with its own Galaxy S, too.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Q specs apparently show up: Froyo, 720 x 480 Super AMOLED screen, 1GHz processor
- New Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom (SM-C1010) with 16MP camera coming soon?
- AT&T launches HTC One X+, HTC One VX, Samsung Galaxy Express and Galaxy Camera
- More Samsung Galaxy S Pro photos, Sprint 4G branding visible
- Google now lets you register for Sprint’s Samsung Galaxy Nexus