Most of HTC’s Android smartphones released this year will be updated to Android 2.2 Froyo, but what about the handsets that came out in 2009? Well, as far as HTC Magic users are concerned, their smartphone might get Froyo, too (although this may not happen in all the markets where the Magic is available).
SFR, France’s second largest mobile carrier, is officially saying (on its blog) that its Magic will be updated to Froyo this summer, together with the Google Nexus One (which already runs Android 2.2 in Korea).
SFR is also selling the HTC Wildfire and HTC Legend, and it’s rather weird that it’s announcing an update for the Magic, instead of for these two newer smartphones (launched this year). Maybe the person who wrote that blog post meant to say “Legend”, and not “Magic”?
Either way, rumors regarding Android 2.2 for the Magic have also appeared in the first half of June. Moreover, T-Mobile USA recently said that the myTouch 3G (which is, essentially, an HTC Magic) would be updated to Froyo later this year. So it looks like the old Magic might indeed get a taste of Google’s new OS in the coming months. We’ll bring more info as soon as new details show up.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile MyTouch 3G box art leaked – three color versions confirmed
- HTC Desire may get Android 2.2 in August. Froyo promised for T-Mobile myTouch 3G, too
- T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide to get Android 2.2 Froyo next week?
- LG-made T-Mobile myTouch and myTouch Q Android smartphones coming soon
- HTC Legend Android 2.2 Froyo update rolling out to unlocked devices on December 9