Apple’s iPhone 4 will be launched in the US and a few other markets on June 24 (this Thursday). If you’re wondering where in the US you will be able to find it besides AT&T and Apple stores, one of the answers includes Walmart.
According to Engadget, the American retailer has already received some iPhone 4 units.
The photo below, showing an iPhone 4 box, was allegedly taken in a Walmart store. And, although Verizon might get the new iPhone later this year, that box seen in the back, with CDMA written on it, has nothing to do with Apple’s smartphone (it packs LG C290C phones).
Earlier this month, Apple announced that more than 600,000 iPhone 4s were preordered in the first day. Since then, he number of preorders has most likely surpassed 1 million. Now we can only hope that the first launch day won’t be as messy as the first pre-order day.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- CDMA iPhone 4 (for Verizon?) to come in Q4
- Walmart to sell iPhone on December 28th, with a 2-year AT&T contract and not for $99
- Apple orders 56 million iPhones for H2 2011. 26 million of them- iPhone 5s
- 16 GB iPhone 4 on sale for $147 at Walmart
- Walmart goes official on iPhone before selling it on Sunday