The new Droid X is coming really, really soon (in less than one month), but there are still lost of users who own the original Motorola Droid and won’t buy the new one, so they’re probably wondering when they’ll be able to update it to Android 2.2 Froyo.
According to a screenshot posted at Droid Forums, the Motorola Droid might receive the Froyo update in “late July” – of course, this isn’t officially confirmed, so don’t bet on it just yet.
As for future Droid X owners (who will be able to buy the smartphone starting July 15), it looks like they’ll have to wait until late August to get a taste of Froyo.
By the way, in case you haven’t noticed, the original Droid now costs $149.99 at Verizon – down from $199.99 (the initial price). The price will likely be cut once again after the Droid 2 gets announced, maybe down to $99.99. Nice.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Motorola Droid X will get Android 2.2 Froyo by early September
- Verizon kills the Droid Eris; Droid Incredible still delayed – Motorola couldn’t be happier
- Flash 10.1 demoed on Verizon’s Motorola Droid X (video)
- Motorola Droid 2 User Manual confirms Android 2.2 Froyo?
- HTC Incredible, Motorola Droid and Droid X to get Android 2.2 Froyo starting August 6?