Samsung is unstoppable when it comes to launching its Galaxy S superphone (after all, it did say it would release it in 110 countries around the world).
The latest market that’s confirmed to get the Galaxy S is Canada, where the handset should be out “this summer” – thus before the end of August.
The Canadian Galaxy S looks similar to the one launched in Europe and announced for Australia (via Optus) and T-Mobile USA (as Samsung Vibrant). Naturally, it will feature a 4 inch WVGA Super AMOLED touchscreen display, Android 2.1 (upgradeable to Froyo), 1GHz processor, 5MP camera and HD video recording.
Samsung doesn’t say which Canadian carrier plans to offer the Galaxy S, but I assume at least one of the big three (Rogers, Telus and Bell – which also has the Wave) will do it. You can sign up for more details here at Samsung Canada’s website.
Via Mobile Syrup
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Note will be launched in Canada in Q1 2012
- Samsung Galaxy S II officially “coming soon” to Canada
- Samsung Galaxy Note to be launched in Canada in mid February
- LG Optimus 2X, SE Xperia Pro and Samsung Galaxy Q to be launched by Fido Canada
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE headed to Telus Canada