Now, that every other major competitor chimed in about Android 2.2 Froyo upgrade plans for their smartphones, Samsung will not be left behind.
They used yesterday big U.S. launch event, to confirm that Samsung Galaxy S smartphones will be getting Android Froyo update as well.
And, just like HTC yesterday, Samsung was pretty vague about exactly when they plan to do that. To be more exact, they never talked about Froyo upgrade timeline at all.
Which is not good news. If, like Motorola with their Droid X, Samsung had any plans for early Froyo upgrade this summer, we would have heard that mentioned yesterday.
As things stand right now, I won’t expect Froyo on Samsung Galaxy S earlier then mid-fall, at best. And by that time, with Android Gingerbread out, Froyo won’t look as interesting anymore.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Droid Bionic seems to run Android 2.3 Gingerbread and have a new CPU now
- Motorola announces future Android 2.1 and 2.2 Froyo updates
- Verizon: Froyo update for Droid Incredible starts today, new Droid Incredibles will ship with Froyo
- Froyo for Verizon’s Motorola Droid X leaked
- Sasmsung Galaxy Pro announced, it’s like a smaller Moto Droid Pro