Although Verizon will not phase out the HTC Droid Incredible, the smartphone’s shipping date is being continuously pushed back.
Right now, Verizon says the Incredible will be “shipped by August 3.” That’s way later than the launch date of Motorola Droid X – this means trouble for HTC, because Verizon allows users who pre-ordered the Incredible to get a Droid X instead. And, since the handsets have the same price ($200 on contract), I think lots of initial Incredible customers will eventually go for the Droid X.
As previously mentioned, HTC can’t make enough Droid Incredibles because Samsung can’t afford to sell AMOLED displays to other companies (including HTC), since it can barely produce them for its own phones (which, by the way, are wildly successful).
So HTC is ditching AMOLED for S-LCD displays – although this still does not guarantee that the Incredible won’t be further delayed. Well, at least there’s some good news for those who already have the smartphone: they will be able to enjoy HD video recording and hotspot capabilities soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon allowing Droid Incredible pre-orders to be changed into Moto Droid X pre-orders?
- Verizon Droid Incredible ->Droid X exchange confirmed for July 15th. Incredible won’t be phased out
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible shipments pushed back again
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible smartphones will ship with SLCD displays before the end of September
- Verizon Droid Incredible 2 shows up in new photos