Remember those white Sprint HTC EVO 4Gs, that were exclusively promised to Best Buy for July 11th. Have you been waiting for one?
If so, we have some good news for you. Engadget reports, that white HTC EVO 4Gs started arriving to Best Buy whole five days early.
After all those delays HTC has been facing in delivering it’s latest handsets, that’s one welcome surprise.
Could it be that HTC is finally resolving those Samsung caused supply issues?
Nah. I don’t think so. Most likely it’s because of the biggish 4.3” display size. The demand for the big 4.3” AMOLEDs must be much lower, then for the most popular 3.5 and 3.7” display panels, so it’s easier to fulfill. Continuos rolling 4 week delays for Verizon HTC Droid Incredible – is confirmation of that.
Another bit of good Sprint EVO 4G related news is, that the latest Sprint OTA update for HTC EVO 4G has been rooted. It’s not as easy as earlier roots, and uses a Flash lite vulnerability in Evo 4G. But if you are stuck with the latest Sprint update, and still want to use that Wi-Fi Hotspot functionality for free – it might be worth jumping through some hoops.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon: Froyo update for Droid Incredible starts today, new Droid Incredibles will ship with Froyo
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible to get Android 2.2 Froyo on Wednesday
- Verizon Droid Incredible ->Droid X exchange confirmed for July 15th. Incredible won’t be phased out
- Verizon Motorola Droid X may get Android 2.3 Gingerbread update this Sunday
- HTC Droid Incredible might get Android 2.3 Gingerbread in late Q2