So, to sum things up, in the SunSpider batch of tests, Android’s browser is almost twice as fast as iOS’ Safari. While in Google’s own V8 test suite, it’s more than four times faster.
Now, if we could just get that Froyo thing onto more devices… Are you listening, HTC, Samsung, Motorola?
Via Ars Technica
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- MeeGo prototype phone crushes Android 2.2 in JS rendering. 1.5 times faster CPU helps, of course
- Google activates 160,000 devices daily. Android 2.2 Froyo released to manufacturing partners
- PacketVideo VP calls Android a workhorse, would beat any phone in a speed test
- Microsoft Office Web apps coming to iPhone in 2009
- Google announces Android 2.2 Froyo, says it has “the world’s fastest mobile browser” (video)