Although the official launch date of the Motorola Droid X is July 15 (8 days from now), it looks like some few lucky Verizon subscribers are already receiving their new Droids.
Droid-life has some photos from one of these lucky customers who unboxed his Motorola Droid X received today in El Paso, Texas.
Droid-life is also reporting that another customer (apparently from Huntsville, AL) has also managed to get a Droid X.
These early Dorid X shipments may have something to do with the Twitter campaign that Veirzon and Motorola have launched not long ago (although that still doesn’t explain why exactly these few customers got their smartphones earlier).
The best thing you can do right now if you want a Droid X ahead of launch is to call you local Verizon rep – maybe you’ll get lucky.
Let’s hope we won’t see supply shortages after the new Moto Droid is released (like in the case of HTC’s Droid Incredible – by the way, if you’ve preordered an Incredible and didn’t receive it yet, you can opt for a Droid X instead).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon kills the Droid Eris; Droid Incredible still delayed – Motorola couldn’t be happier
- Limited stock of Motorola Droid X available at launch?
- Verizon Motorola Droid X to launch on July 19th?
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible to get Android 2.2 Froyo on Wednesday
- Some Verizon Droids to get Android 2.3 Gingerbread within the coming months