The Samsung i897, a.k.a. Samsung Captivate, is AT&T’s version of the Samsung Galaxy S, and it has now got a release date and pricing.
So, July 18th, $199.99 for new 2-year contracts that include voice and a $15 per month data option.
Recapping the phone’s features, we get:
- Android 2.1
- Samsung’s 1GHz Hummingbird processor
- 4″ 480 x 800 Super AMOLED multi-touch screen
- HSDPA 7.2 Mb/s and HSUPA 5.76 Mb/s
- WiFi 802.11 n
- Bluetooth 3.0
- 16 GB of integrated storage expandable via microSD card slot
- 5 Megapixel camera with 720p video recording
- Samsung’s TouchWiz UI and Swype preinstalled
This (along with its countless other incarnations) is Samsung’s flagship Android handset and one of the most powerful handsets on AT&T. Whether or not it will do good, sales-wise, is entirely up to you, so get ready to get in line!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Milestone XT720 will be available in the UK on July 19th
- Verizon Samsung 4G Droid Stealth pre-orders start at Costco on March 24, launch may be on April 7
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 with 4G LTE announced for Verizon
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro and Vivaz Pro now available in India
- First Look: Samsung Galaxy S II (AT&T)