Since Android 2.2 Froyo is out (and the Google Nexus One already has it), you’d think that all high-end Android smartphones launched starting now would come with it. Sadly, that’s not the case.
Motorola Milestone / Droid (i.e. the old Milestone, not the new XT720) has just been introduced in South Korea running Android 2.1 and bearing an odd name: Moto QRTY.
The QRTY is not really different form the Milestone / Droid available in other parts of the world, although it does have a keyboard with Korean characters.
We’ve recently heard that, in the US, the Droid should be updated to Froyo later this month, so the European Milestone and this brand new QRTY might also get the latest version of Android pretty soon. Until then, if you’re in South Korea, you can buy the Motorola QRTY through SK Telecom – which also sells the Motoroi.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Milestone XT720 (Motoroi) announced in Europe (video)
- Motoroi X (aka Droid X) will be Mexico’s first Android 2.2 Froyo smartphone
- Motorola Glam XT800 launched in Korea, sadly without Froyo
- Motorola MOTOROI to hit the US and other countries this spring?
- Motorola’s MOTOROI (XT720) with Android gets official in Korea