However, the carrier might have changed its mind since then, and now it appears it wants to launch the Vibrant earlier, on July 15 – that’s the same day when Verizon will start selling the Motorola Droid X.
This image below seems to confirm the July 15 launch date, although we can’t be sure of its authenticity yet. Update: Engadget also says the Vibrant is coming on July 15.
The Samsung Vibrant will cost $199.99 on contract. T-Mobile’s users should hope the handset will indeed be launched earlier than promised, because this is likely the best smartphone they’ve ever had the chance to get.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Vibrant 4G to hit T-Mobile with Android 2.2, front-facing camera
- Samsung Vibrant now free at T-Mobile. Galaxy S 4G launch imminent?
- Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant and Captivate coming to Canada this month
- Sprint Samsung Epic 4G to be launched on August 20?
- T-Mobile to launch the Samsung Vibrant 4G on February 23