Some Verizon customers are receiving their Droid X smartphones earlier, but, despite this, things may not be too great on launch day (July 15 – this Thursday).
According to Droid-life, Droid X inventory could be limited at launch.
Reportedly, although some Verizon stores across the US will get around 60 Droid X units, others will have as low as 5 (five) new Droids on sale.
I’ve looked on the leaked screenshots seen below, and it seems that, on average, there will be less than 30 Droid X units per store. That’s not so terrible, actually, but it will probably not be enough, since there are likely throngs of Verizon customers who are waiting to buy the Droid X (not only because it’s an awesome Android smartphone, but also because the HTC Droid Incredible is still delayed).
Of course, we can’t confirm the limited availability of the Droid X at launch. It might be just a trick that Verizon is pulling off to make users buy the handset quickly. We’ll see on Thursday.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Droid Incredible shipments pushed back to August
- Verizon: don’t worry, we’ll likely have enough Droid X phones for everyone at launch
- Verizon Droid Incredible 2 promo materials leaked
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible shipments pushed back again
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible to get Android 2.2 Froyo on Wednesday