It’s not the Boston. It’s a completely new phone that currently goes by the name “Project JAL”, but it might receive a city name at launch – since lots of Orange own-branded handsets introduced until now have such names (Rio, Lisbon, Miami etc).
The Orange Project PAL seems to run Android 2.1, and TechRadar says it will feature Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, 3MP camera, and various Orange services.
There’s no word on the launch date of Project PAL, but it’s said that Orange will offer it both on PAYG and monthly plans, likely for under £150. The handset doesn’t look bad at all, so Orange may have a winner here.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Android-based Orange Barcelona coming soon
- Cheap, Orange-branded Android 2.1 smartphone now available in France
- Project JAL budget Android smartphone gets official as the Orange San Francisco
- Intel-powered Orange Santa Clara will be launched on June 6 as the Orange San Diego
- Orange Lisbon and Orange Rio to be launched in the UK on PAYG