The update will begin rolling out on July 16th at 11:59 pm. It might take up to a week for the over-the-air update to reach your Eris, so don’t panic on July 17th at 12:01 am.
If you update (and Verizon and HTC both recommend that you do), here’s what you’ll get:
- improved audio
- enhanced speed dial
- improved text, video and picture messaging functionality
- contact sync with Backup Assistant, Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and Facebook
- an enhanced and stabilized weather app and widget
- Bluetooth pairing now works with Jabra headsets too
- better GMail contact sync
There you have it. Nothing groundbreaking, but some very useful bits and pieces, so be sure to upgrade when the choice presents itself. And do so especially if some or all of the above enhancements fix issues you’ve encountered since updating to Android 2.1.
Sadly, there’s no word yet on when or if the Droid Eris will get Android 2.2 Froyo.
Via Droid Life
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon kills the Droid Eris; Droid Incredible still delayed – Motorola couldn’t be happier
- Verizon Samsung Droid Charge gets an update that isn’t Android Gingerbread
- T-Mobile’s HTC Radar 4G gets a software update today
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr gets a software update
- Verizon’s HTC Droid Eris shows up in press and hands-on photos