The Android Market is on track to set milestone after milestone.
Before the end of this month, it will have 100,000 apps available for download.
And now it looks like the 1 billion downloads mark has been crossed.
That means that, from the beginning of the Android Market’s existence up till now, there have been 1 billion app downloads from it.
This isn’t yet confirmed by Google, but AndroLib’s statistics show that it has, indeed happened.
If so, I’m sure that Google will make a big announcement soon. Perhaps they’re waiting for 100,000 apps to be available so they can make one announcement for both accomplishments.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Android Market reaches 20,000 apps, obviously still behind the Apple App Store
- Samsung Apps served more than 100 million downloads until now
- 30,000 apps available now in Android Market
- Nokia’s Ovi Store reaches 2.3 million downloads per day, 70 developers have 1 million plus downloads
- Android Market “only” has 70,000 apps, daily Android device activations still at around 160,000