Telus has officially confirmed that it’s going to offer the HTC Desire in Canada, although it didn’t mention when exactly it will launch it, and neither for what price.
The carrier’s website says the Desire is “only from Telus”, so Rogers and Bell will most likely not get the smartphone.
HTC Desire was named the Hottest Handset of 2010 at Mobile Magazine’s 2010 Mobile Industry Awards, and features a 3.7 inch WVGA touchscreen display, Sense UI (with 7 customizable homescreens), 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, GPS, 5MP autofocus camera, and MicroSD card support. More features here at Telus.
At launch, the Desire will run Android 2.1, but an Android 2.2 Froyo update is promised for later this year.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Desire coming to Telus Canada as Triumph?
- Android-filled HTC Desire HD and Desire Z officially announced
- HTC Desire HD to be launched in Canada by Telus?
- HTC Desire Z launching in India next week?
- HTC Desire coming to U.S. Cellular?