Yesterday we showed you Verizon’s leaked summer catalog. And while it did feature some usual suspects, such as the Motorola Droid X, and even a yet-unannounced smartphone, the Motorola Droid 2, one device was strangely missing from it.
The formally announced Samsung Fascinate, Verizon’s very own Galaxy S, was nowhere to be found in the catalog, hinting to public availability post-summer season.
And now it looks like, indeed, this may be the last-to-launch of all the different Galaxy S variations to show up in the US.
Verizon’s official comment on the Fascinate’s release date now states a “late summer or early fall” possibility. And judging from the construction of that phrase, fall availability seems the most plausible right now.
So the Droid X and Droid 2 may have the high-end Android smartphone space on Verizon all to themselves for a few months.
And because of this, one has to consider that Verizon may be delaying the Fascinate on purpose, so as to not affect sales of the aforementioned Droids.
Via Android and Me
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Fascinate (Galaxy S) and Samsung Gem for Verizon spotted in the wild
- Verizon Samsung Fascinate (Galaxy S) could be available on September 9th
- Verizon Droid Incredible delays almost over, Droid X sold out, Droid out of stock for Droid 2 launch
- Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy S II could be called Fascinate II, 4G connectivity expected
- Verizon Samsung Fascinate Galaxy S launched, BOGO deal included