We’ve seen the ZTE Racer before, but back then it wasn’t even officially announced.
And now, many months later, it popped up in Three’s online store in the UK. The good news is that unlike previously thought, it runs Android 2.1, not Android 1.6.
It can be yours for £110 on pay as you go. Some reports (including our source for this post) indicated a £99 price tag, but a quick check on Three’s online store reveals that it’s £110 right now.
Anyway, this is a very good deal, and this phone is an interesting competitor for the HTC Wildfire. And cheaper.
Here are its specs (you’ll notice many similarities with the aforementioned Wildfire):
- 2.8 ” QVGA (240 x 320) touchscreen
- 256 MB internal memory expandable via microSD card slot (2GB card included in sales package)
- 3.2 Megapixel camera
- 7.2 Mb/s HSDPA
- FM radio
- Dimensions: 102 x 55 x 14.5 mm
- Weight: 100 g
Not in the same league as the HTC Desire or Samsung Galaxy S by any stretch of the imagination, but if you can get past the small and low-res display, you do receive an awesome amount of features for the price.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Cheap, Orange-branded Android 2.1 smartphone now available in France
- Motorola Milestone XT720 will be available in the UK on July 19th
- HTC Aria not exclusive to AT&T anymore, it’s also available in Taiwan
- Vodafone UK now sells the BlackBerry Pearl 3G, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro and LG GT540 Optimus
- LG Optimus One coming soon to Three UK with free car mount and charger