According to a leaked Verizon document appeared over at Droid Forums, it’s not only the Droid that’s nearing End of Life, but also the Motorola Devour (which wasn’t really popular since the very beginning).
The to-be-EOLed list also includes some non-Android devices: BlackBerry Tour 9630, Samsung Saga, Samsung Intensity, Samsung Smooth and Samsung Knack. These will be joining the HTC Droid Eris, which was discontinued last month.
We don’t know when exactly these devices will no longer be available. They are still up for grabs at the moment – a moment in which, unfortunately, the new Droid X is backordered: Verizon says it’ll ship it by July 23. So initial stock was limited, after all. Déjà vu?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon’s HTC Droid Eris shows up in press and hands-on photos
- Verizon kills the Droid Eris; Droid Incredible still delayed – Motorola couldn’t be happier
- Verizon introduces prepaid data packages for Droid Incredible, Droid X, Droid 2 and other smartphones
- Samsung Galaxy S III to be launched by Verizon on July 12?
- Verizon’s HTC Droid Eris will get an update on July 16th, it’s not Froyo
« Sony Ericsson happy with Xperia X10 and Vivaz sales, posts small profit for Q2 2010On Droid X and Samsung Vibrant launch day, Sprint announces HTC EVO 4G accessories (the phone itself is still sold out) »