Verizon has yet to officially announce or confirm the Motorola Droid 2, but the smartphone is surely coming soon to the largest US carrier to make a great pair with the Droid X, and to replace the original Droid.
Two new images of the Droid 2 have appeared over at Engadget, and although they unveil nothing new, they’re proof that the new QWERTY Droid is out there. Reportedly, it will be released in August.
If you want a new smartphone from Verizon, but not on Android, it seems that the carrier is also getting ready to launch the BlackBerry Storm 3 and BlackBerry Curve 3 (sometime before the holidays). The Storm 3 might be a different version of the AT&T-bound 9800 slider, while the Curve 3 could be the 9300, or something alike.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New BlackBerry Storm 9570 with OS 6 shows up in photos?
- New BlackBerry Torch 9860, Torch 9810, Bold 9900 and Curve 9360 to be launched by Bell soon
- BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 coming to Bell, Virgin Canada
- RIM’s BlackBerry Storm 3 finally pictured?
- Verizon’s Skype mobile available starting March 25 to BlackBerry and Android users