A few weeks ago we reported that an update for Verizon’s HTC Droid Incredible was imminent. Rumored features back then included 720p video recording.
This update is now being rolled out. And sure enough, it does bring the upped recording resolution with it. It also comes with the Skype application built-in, and an updated version of MyVerizon.
This new MyVerizon app brings with it a nifty data usage monitoring widget.
This is no Froyo, but hey, at least now you can record some HD videos while you wait for it.
The update will reach all Droid Incredible owners at some point in the very near future. As is always the case, these things take a bit of time to propagate to everyone, so don’t despair if you don’t see it yet. It will come.
Of course, potential new buyers of this phone will also be happy to read about the added features, but sadly, there’s still nothing you can do to get your hands on one before next month.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible to get Android 2.2 Froyo on Wednesday
- Verizon: Froyo update for Droid Incredible starts today, new Droid Incredibles will ship with Froyo
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible Froyo build leaks, official update starts tomorrow
- Verizon HTC ThunderBolt and Droid Incredible to get Android 2.3 Gingerbread update in September
- HTC Droid Incredible to get HD video recording and mobile hotspot capabilities via OTA update