One of the most leaked handsets in recent history seems to be getting closer to an actual release date.
A few shots from a production facility have popped up, and these seem to more or less confirm that launch will occur sooner, rather than later.
A release on August 23rd is to be expected, apparently.
Whether the Droid 2 will be running Android 2.2 Froyo or just Android 2.1 on launch is still unclear. Previous rumors had it both ways, so we’ll have to wait for the next leak to get confirmation.
Some of the specs of the Droid 2 have been leaked not long ago, so getting all the details can’t be that far away.
Here’s what we already know the Droid 2 will feature:
- a 1 GHz processor
- 8 GB internal memory, 512 MB of RAM
- an 8GB microSD card included in the retail package
- a 5 Megapixel camera
- a side-sliding QWERTY keyboard
- WiFi hotspot capability
Verizon still hasn’t said anything official about this phone, which is beginning to feel rather silly with all this leakage.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Leaked Verizon summer catalog shows Motorola Droid 2 alongside the Droid X
- Verizon LG Enlighten images leaked again, release imminent
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid 3 is a world phone. Specs list unveiled
- BlackBerry 9670 Oxford overview leaks, outs some of its specs
- Verizon Motorola Droid X2 will finally become available on May 26, could come with Gingerbread