It seems that demand for the Motorola Droid X is way higher than Verizon and Moto have anticipated. And, although there have not been major stock issues at launch, the smartphone has been backordered online, with Verizon now saying it will ship it by August 3.
That’s the exact date when the HTC Droid Incredible should be shipped, too. So if you want a high-end Droid at the moment, you’ll have to be happy with the original Moto Droid, which is still available (for $149.99 on contract).
Of course, some Verizon retail stores may still have Droid X units, and new shippents could arrive at any time, so checking out nearby stores is not at all a bad idea if you want the new Droid so badly.
Or you could wait for August 23 to come – when the Motorola Droid 2 will probably be launched.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Motorola Droid 2 officially announced: available tomorrow with Android 2.2 on-board
- Verizon Motorola Droid X now available, $199.99 on contract, $569.99 full retail
- HTC Incredible, Motorola Droid and Droid X to get Android 2.2 Froyo starting August 6?
- Motorola Droid X already selling out? Activation issues reported
- Verizon Motorola Droid X to launch on July 19th?