If you’re thinking the Droid 2 is the only new QWERTY Droid that Motorola’s getting ready to launch via Verizon you might be wrong. Some blurry photos (and a video) of what seems to be a Motorola handset with a portrait QWERTY keyboard (a la Palm Pre) have appeared somewhere in China.
The handset’s boot screen looks like the one of a Droid (the well-known red eye is there), so what we have here could be a Droid mini or something like that.
Motorola has recently launched two phones with portrait QWERTY keyboards (Flipout and Charm), and Verizon had a mid-end Droid before (the HTC Droid Eris), so I’d say there are considerable chances for this mini Droid to be real and, as assumed, headed to Verizon.
Until more details are unearthed, here you have some photos and the promised video of the device:
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon’s HTC Droid Eris shows up in press and hands-on photos
- Motorola FlipOut to be launched by Orange UK. Motorola Charm in the wild
- Motorola Flipout priced (€349), announced for O2 and Vodafone Germany
- HTC Android world phone for Verizon leaked: 4-inch screen, QWERTY keyboard, 1.2GH CPU?
- First Verizon Motorola Droid 2 A955 photo shows up?