A couple of weeks ago we let you know that the Samsung i8520 Galaxy Beam would be available in Singapore this month.
And now it has gone official on the Samsung Singapore site.
StarHub customers should already be able to buy it from their carrier from free up to SG$ 398, depending on price plan.
The Samsung Galaxy Beam is the world’s first phone to feature an integrated pico-projector. This allows you to create projections of multimedia content from your device varying from 5 to 50 inches in size.
It runs Android 2.1 and has one of the biggest capacity batteries to ever be put in a phone at 1800 mAh. This is surely needed for the projector, but no one is stopping you from buying one of these and just not using the pico-projector. In which case, this handset’s battery life can be among the best ever seen on an Android device.
Here’s a quick recap of the other important features of the Samsung i8520 Galaxy Beam:
- 3.7″ WVGA (480 x 800) Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- 8 Megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash and 720p video recording at 30fps
- 720 MHz processor
- HSDPA 7.2 Mb/s and HSUPA 5.76 Mb/s
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0
- TV out
- 16 GB storage, 512MB ROM, 384MB RAM
- microSD card slot
- Dimensions: 123 x 59.8 x 14.9 mm
- Weight: 155 g
Sadly, there’s still no word on global availability for this phone. It’s in a niche of its own and, with a bit of smart marketing, it may reach decent sales levels in the lucrative European markets. That is if Samsung ever decide to launch it there.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Beam i8520 to be launched in July with Android 2.1, beam projector
- No Android 2.2 Froyo for the Samsung Galaxy Beam
- Samsung Galaxy Beam now available in the UK for £394.99
- STMicro wants to bring pico-projectors to mass market smartphones next year
- Samsung Galaxy Beam launches in Singapore on July 17th