Android 2.2 Froyo is out for some time, and yet we still haven’t seen any new smartphone to come with it. Well, one of the first to do it might be the Motorola Droid 2, which should be launched by Verizon on August 23.
Droid-life has managed to get some new details on the upcoming smartphone from one of their readers who has (or had) a Droid 2 running Froyo.
Reportedly, the Droid 2 is “noticeably more responsive” than the first Droid, thanks in no small part to its 1GHz processor.
The Droid 2 also comes with the same Blur UI found on the Droid X, and with “bundle of bloatware including the Blockbuster app, mobile hotspot and all of the Blur widgets.”
For now, no one can say for certain if the Droid 2 will indeed have Android 2.2 Froyo at launch, but I really think this is highly probable. What about you?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Verizon Droid X (& D2?) on June 23. New Blur, Android 2.1.9 and Flash support inside?
- Motorola Droid 2 User Manual confirms Android 2.2 Froyo?
- HTC Incredible, Motorola Droid and Droid X to get Android 2.2 Froyo starting August 6?
- Verizon Motorola Droid 2 officially announced: available tomorrow with Android 2.2 on-board
- Verizon blog sets Motorola Droid 2 release for August 12th, confirms Android 2.2 on board