MetroPCS have just launched the BlackBerry Curve 8530 for their customers.
The smartphone itself costs $230 after a mail-in rebate.
The sweet part of this offer, however, is the plan. For $60 per month, you get unlimited talk, text, and data. The plan also includes IMs, MMS, turn-by-turn GPS navigation, Metro back-up, Premium Directory Assistance and Metro Banking.
And the best thing of all? It doesn’t require a contract.
This is a very compelling offer for both BlackBerry addicts and people looking to buy a messaging-focused smartphone.
The Curve 8530 features:
- dual-band CDMA with 3G
- a 320×240 display
- a 2 MP camera
- a 528 MHz processor
- 256 MB of ROM
- microSD card slot
- WiFi 802.11 b/g and Bluetooth 2.1
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- BlackBerry OS 5
- 1150 mAh battery
- Dimensions: 109 x 60 x 14 mm
- Weight: 106 g
Overall a decent lower-midrange package. The upfront price may be a bit steep, but it enables you to enjoy the unlimited plan for only $60 per month, so perhaps it’s a worthy trade-off.
You can order it here or hit your local MetroPCS shop.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- MetroPCS announces its first BlackBerry: the Curve 8330
- BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 is now available from Three UK
- LG Motion 4G officially unveiled by MetroPCS alongside new unlimited plan
- Vodafone UK now sells the BlackBerry Pearl 3G, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro and LG GT540 Optimus
- Samsung Admire with Android Gingerbread launched by MetroPCS