Seeing how Motorola’s so deeply in love with Android, it comes almost naturally for the company to make not just smartphones, but also tablets based on Google’s platform.
The Street has it that analyst Ashok Kumar talked to “people familiar with the project” who claim that Motorola’s planning to launch a 10 inch Android tablet this November.
There are no other details on the upcoming Moto Android tablet, but this is expected to compete with Apple’s iPad (sold in more than 3 million units until now), as well as with Android tablets from Samsung, LG, Acer and other manufacturers that plan to release such devices later this year.
I think Android will dominate the tablet market in a few years and Motorola will have an important role in this. But let’s not anticipate.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Rumor: new, thinner 9.7 inch Apple iPad to be unveiled in Q2 2011
- More rumors about Motorola’s and Acer’s Android tablets
- Apple: iPad Mini and iPad 4 sales reach 3 million units in the first week-end
- Samsung Galaxy Tab sales hit 2 million units
- Ballmer confirms Windows 7 tablet, it may come from Acer