Anxious US customers have turned it into the most successful pre-order on Dell’s site in history.
Today a few more details about the US-bound Streak have surfaced.
It will not have support for T-Mobile’s 3G bands and won’t be certified for T-Mobile operation.
It will ship with Android 1.6 on board.
It will get an over-the-air update to Android 2.2 “later this year”.
Dell engineers are currently running test builds of Android 2.1 on the Streak, as shown in this video:
However, there’s no word on a possible intermediary 2.1 update between release and Froyo, which probably means only Dell engineers will ever get to see Eclair on the Streak.
Upon launch in the US, the Dell Streak will only be come in black. A “new red cherry” version will be available at some point afterwards.
People in the US can continue to register for the pre-sale of the Streak. This gives you the advantage of being able to buy a Plantronics Bluetooth headset for just 99 cents.
There’s no confirmed release date just yet, the Dell site still says “July”. Whether or not they’ll ship it in the remaining 4 days of this month, we’ll see.
In any case, the wait will be over soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Unlocked Dell Streak with Froyo launched in the US; new colors also available
- O2 UK will release the Android 2.2 Froyo update for the Dell Streak this week
- AT&T and Rogers Dell Streak 5 finally get updated to Android 2.2 Froyo
- AT&T Dell Streak Android 2.2 update now available
- Dell Streak available tomorrow at O2 UK, coming to the US in July