HTC has announced that it’s bringing its own branded smartphones to China – a country where its products have been officially sold under the Dopod brand until now.
We all know the Desire and the Wildfire, but what’s with the other two handsets? Well, the Tianxi seems to be an HD2 customized for China Mobile (it runs Windows Mobile anyway), while the Tianyi is a redesigned Wildfire. Both handsets are pictured below.
HTC has partnered not only with China Mobile to sell its devices across the country, but also with GOME Electrical Appliances Holding – China’s largest electronics distributor. That should help the Taiwanese company ship lots of smartphones in China, right?
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Desire and Wildfire shipping with Android 2.2 Froyo in China
- HTC Desire S and Wildfire S officially headed to Telstra Australia
- White HTC Desire and silver Wildfire on pre-order in the UK
- HTC Desire II (Desire S) and Wildfire S headed to US Cellular
- iPhone 5 gets closer to a China launch after State Radio Management approval