Motorola themselves may still be wondering whether or not to make a Froyo update available for the Milestone, but the hacking/modding community as always decided not to wait.
So if you thought that a possible denial of Froyo from Motorola may mean the end of life for your precious Milestone, think again.
The community at ModMyMobile have created a custom image for the Milestone, running Android 2.2 Froyo flawlessly. Well, apart from the camera.
Perhaps because of Motorola’s famously closed stance towards modding their Android handsets, the procedure for loading this image onto your phone is apparently more complicated than in other cases, so, more than always, don’t attempt any of this if you don’t know exactly what you’re doing.
If you do however, it may all be worth it. And even if you don’t, at least you know now that there’s a chance your Milestone will get a fully functional Froyo, even if not officially, from Motorola.
In the mean time, have some video demo:
The forum thread to follow is here.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola is undecided regarding Android 2.2 Froyo for the Milestone
- Telus Motorola Milestone Android 2.2 Froyo update now available
- Motorola Milestone Android 2.2 Froyo update now available
- Motorola Milestone / Droid dubbed QRTY in Korea, Froyo not included yet
- Motorola announces future Android 2.1 and 2.2 Froyo updates