Starting today (July 28), Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile stores are offering free Side Shields to all iPhone 4 buyers who got or will get the smartphone from the giant US retailer.
Manufactured by Zagg, the Side Shields is “a clear, unobtrusive shield applied to the outer edges of the iPhone 4” and it was “designed to address issues with antenna attenuation.”
Sure enough, Apple also gives free bumpers and cases to address the iPhone 4 antenna issue, but Best Buy’s offering may be more attractive to some – after all, an invisible shield looks different than a regular case.
Best Buy will sell Side Shields to “general public”, too, for $9.99 a piece.
The retailer also said it’s currently offering 20% off of any iPhone 4 case – the deal expires on August 7.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Apple iPhone 4 coming to 17 new countries this Friday
- German consumer watchdog confirms iPhone 4 death grip
- How Much Could an iPhone 4 Recall Cost Apple?
- Apple on iPhone 4 reception. It’s better then fine. We only had a bad bar calculation formula…
- Apple will hold an iPhone 4 press conference on Friday