BlackBerry App World 2.0 Beta launched
RIM is doing a lot of pushing of software and services this year, alongside new devices.
It’s an invite-based private beta though, and you need a BlackBerry Beta Zone account to be able to get an invite.
RIM’s app store is progressing nicely, and new features in the 2.0 version include:
- Support for carrier billing and credit cards (in addition to PayPal)
- A new category for themes
- New “Top 25 Themes” and “Top 25 Apps” lists
- A better search function
- Info about the apps you’ve already installed in the “My World” section
- Support for QR codes, which let you scan a barcode with your camera to open the download link
BlackBerry App World is now available in 65 countries, in 6 languages, and a million apps are being downloaded from it each day.
The original version of BlackBerry App World has been downloaded 25 million times, and this new version probably has what it takes to do even better.