Official Froyo update for unlocked HTC Desire comes this weekend, brings 720p recording and iTunes Sync
HTC have officially stated that the Android 2.2 Froyo update for unlocked Desire smartphones will start arriving across Europe this weekend.
Aside from the OS update, it will bring 720p recording capabilities (up from VGA) and sync ability with iTunes. HTC’s App Share widget will also be on board, along with enhanced caller ID and an improved keyboard.
The update will come over the air, so the phone will just notify you that there’s an upgrade to install. Rollout will be in stages, as always, so it may not hit all devices at the same time.
Operator-customized versions of the Desire will get the Android 2.2 update in the next few weeks, as there’s still some testing going on there.
If you’re the owner of an unlocked HTC Desire, Froyo may just be hours away.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Vodafone HTC Desire will get Android 2.2 Froyo on Monday
- Virgin Mobile Samsung Intercept Android 2.2 Froyo update starts rolling out today
- Dell Streak Android 2.2 Froyo update has started rolling out
- UK: Vodafone’s HTC Desire S gets a software update to fix SMS and Peep issues
- Cellular South HTC Desire Android 2.2 Froyo update finally rolling out now