Samsung has reconfirmed this to Reuters, although it didn’t unveil the exact launch date of the tablet. The company has also confirmed the tabled would have a 7 inch screen. It didn’t mention if it runs Android 2.2 Froyo, but it most likely will – since Android 2.1 is now old, and Gingerbread won’t be officially out until Q4.
The price of Samsung Galaxy Tab (or whatever its name will be in the end) is not known at the moment.
All these tablets could hurt Apple iPad sales, especially if they’d be launched in the US.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Android 3.0 tablet to come in the first quarter of 2011?
- 10 inch Motorola Android Gingerbread tablet slated for November
- Acer Iconia Tab A200 will be out in the US on January 15 for $329.99, ICS update coming mid-February
- Samsung Android tablet (S-Pad) to come in August with Super AMOLED display?
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Android 2.3 Gingerbread update out “within the next couple of weeks” in the UK