News hit yesterday about Sprint’s HTC EVO 4G Froyo rollout. And, as expected then, it has been officially confirmed by Sprint this morning.
There’s no word on the update being pushed today for a small batch of users for test purposes, but every EVO 4G owner will get notified that there is an update starting August 3rd.
If you’re desperate to get it faster, start checking for updates manually on August 1st, you just might get lucky.
Sprint point out that they’re the first carrier to bring the Android 2.2 update to a smartphone in their portfolio, and that will surely help drive some sales until their competitors fully catch up.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint HTC Evo Shift 4G Android 2.3 Gingerbread update will be available on June 17
- Sprint Samsung Epic 4G may launch on August 21st
- T-Mobile G2 Android 2.3 Gingerbread update OTA rollout starts today
- Toshiba AT200 finally receives its dose of Ice Cream Sandwich
- Motorola Xoom Android 3.1 update starts tomorrow in India