Just a few hours ago Samsung reconfirmed that they are working on a tablet device and will release it this quarter. If it will be called Galaxy Tab is still unknown. Pretty much the only things that are known at this point are that it will run some version of Android (probably 2.2) and have a 7″ touchscreen.
Other than that, there’s still no new info, no launch date, no pricing, nothing except this intriguing picture that just popped up:
And, if reports are to be believed, what that man is holding is actually Samsung’s first Android tablet. Here’s a close-up:
The industrial design lanuguage is very, very close to that seen on the Samsung Galaxy S, which is probably to be expected. Previously seen pictures of this tablet also showed strong similarities between it and Samsung’s flagship smartphone, so nothing new here.
Well, aside for it being in someone’s hand, somewhere.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Tablet S doubles as a universal remote control. Hands-on video
- Samsung Galaxy Note II will be announced on August 15
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 stars in new photo shoot, shows us its stylus this time
- Samsung Galaxy Tab(let) to be launched by Vodafone UK
- T-Mobile USA’s Samsung Galaxy S (T959) hits the FCC