One of the most heavily anticipated smartphones of this summer, if not this year, is undoubtedly the Motorola Droid 2 for Verizon.
And apparently it is only a couple of weeks away from launch, if leaks of documentation from an internal Verizon blog are to be believed. The supposed release of the successor to the Droid will come on August 12th.
Said blog also confirms that the Droid 2 will run Android 2.2, will have Flash, along with loads of Verizon bloatware, but you were probably expecting that anyway.
Swype will also be preinstalled, which is a growing trend among Android device manufacturers.
Here’s the full list of what to expect:
The wait isn’t over yet, but will be soon, and the fact that the Droid 2 will get Froyo on launch probably makes it worth it.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Droid 2 User Manual confirms Android 2.2 Froyo?
- Verizon Motorola Droid X will get Froyo upgrade tomorrow
- Motorola Droid gets Froyo next week, Droid X in “late summer”
- Verizon Motorola Droid 2 to be launched with Android 2.2 Froyo, maybe?
- Motorola Droid X officially announced by Verizon, $199 on contract starting July 15