Updates to Android 2.2 for the original Motorola Droid are going to start next week, Verizon has confirmed. Don’t expect anything entirely different than what we already know Froyo has to offer.
- Flash 10.1
- Bluetooth voice dialing
- New launcher
- New camera software
- 270 degree rotation
- Greater Exchange support
But if you were eagerly expecting Google’s latest mobile operating system version to hit your Droid, you probably already knew all of that.
Here are the full details of the Froyo update for the Droid:
Good to see Motorola and Verizon still supporting their flagship smartphone of yesteryear.
In other news, the official word on Froyo for the recently-launched Droid X has become “late summer”. Now whether or not that means at the end of August or even later, no one knows at this point.
It is, however, safe to say that winter won’t catch you with just Android 2.1 on your Droid X.
There’s still some waiting to do, but at least we have an approximate time frame at this point.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Motorola Droid X will get Froyo upgrade tomorrow
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible to get Android 2.2 Froyo on Wednesday
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid 2 shows up again, will “probably” come with Android 2.2 Froyo
- Verizon Motorola Droid X will get Android 2.2 Froyo by early September
- Froyo for Verizon’s Motorola Droid X leaked