But what about the rest of the world? Well, it looks like Moto’s two new Android smartphones are also headed to Europe.
FrAndroid is reporting that the Droid X will be launched in France in November or December. After that, the Droid 2 will also be introduced, but named Motorola Milestone 2 (it makes sense, because the first QWERTY Droid was named Milestone in Europe).
If they’re introduced in a few months from now, both the Droid X and Milestone 2 will almost certainly have Android 2.2 Froyo at launch. Also, if Moto does indeed decide to bring its new handsets to France, other European markets (UK, Germany, Italy etc) will likely get them, too.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Milestone (Droid) officially launched in Europe. Gets multi-touch, loses free navigation
- Motorola Milestone / Droid dubbed QRTY in Korea, Froyo not included yet
- Motorola Milestone 2 and Defy in live photos. Both are coming to Vodafone
- Motorola Milestone 2 with Froyo gets official in Europe (video)
- Motorola Milestone 2 with Android 2.2 Froyo available in the UK this week