Sony Ericsson is in no hurry at all when it comes to launching the Xperia X8.
When the Android smartphone was officially announced (more than one month ago), SE said it would release it in the third quarter of the year – and it looks like this actually means late Q3.
The X8 has appeared at O2 UK’s website, and the carrier says the handset’s going to be available starting September.
The X8’s off-contract price should be of around €259, but customers will be able to get it for free on select plans.
Smaller than the original X10 but bigger than the X10 mini, the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 features a WQVGA touchscreen display, HSDPA, Wi-Fi, A-GPS, digital compass, 3.5mm headset jack, 3.2MP camera, 600 MHz processor, and MicroSD card support. Since it will be available in about two months from now, the X8 might run Android 2.1 from the beginning, although SE said it could also come with 1.6, and be updated later.
Vodafone, Orange and T-Mobile have not announced anything regarding the launch of the X8 yet, but I guess at least some of these three other big UK carriers will offer the handset, too.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Milestone, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to be launched in India next week
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini and Mini Pro coming to Rogers for under $70 on contract?
- #MWC10: Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro, Xperia X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro (video)
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X8, Yendo and Cedar announced. Android 2.1 updates re-promised
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray, Xperia Active and TXT announced (video)