The Motorola Droid 2 still hasn’t been officially unveiled, despite countless leaks over the past few months.
The original Droid’s successor may finally be hitting a Verizon store near you next week, if a leaked image of what supposedly is an internal Verizon slide is to be believed.
Apparently, the leftmost column features dates in August. So, an official announcement for the Droid 2 may come on August 10th.
And two days later, on the 12th, the Droid 2 might be released. This date was twice before rumored to be its launch day, so at this point, with three different leaks all suggesting the same date, I think it’s safe to say that the Motorola Droid 2 will be released on August 12th.
There’s also a new picture of the Droid 2 in the wild making the rounds across the internet today.
Nothing new here, but the fact that we’re seeing more and more data about the Droid 2 may mean that launch is very close.
Let’s hope it will indeed be next week so we can get this over with.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 2 launch may happen on April 28 after all
- Sprint Samsung Epic 4G may launch on August 21st
- Motorola Droid 2 specs and release date leaked. Again.
- HTC Incredible, Motorola Droid and Droid X to get Android 2.2 Froyo starting August 6?
- Like the Droid Incredible, the Motorola Droid X has been backordered to arrive in August