Their CDMA brethren though, the Fascinate for Verizon and the Epic 4G for Sprint, aren’t yet. And while things are quite uncertain with regard to the Fascinate’s release, the Epic 4G may have just gotten a launch date.
Insiders claim that the Samsung Epic 4G will be available on August 11th. Furthermore, some Sprint stores will open at 8 AM on that day to be able to meet the projected demand.
That’s, perhaps coincidentally, perhaps not, just one day before the rumored launch of the Motorola Droid 2 for Verizon. Sprint may be trying to steal the spotlight from Verizon’s event.
The Epic 4G, unlike any other Galaxy S version out there, comes with a physical slide-out QWERTY keyboard. It also supports Sprint’s “4G” (WiMax) data network. The keyboard may turn out to be the USP for Sprint’s superphone, at least compared to the HTC EVO 4G that Sprint also sell.
Next week is definitely shaping up to be a big one for mobile device releases.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Epic 4G now available from Sprint
- Sprint does Samsung Epic 4G vs. HTC Evo 4G video comparison
- Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy S II) press photos leaked
- Samsung SCH-i405 Android QWERTY slider leaks on its way to Verizon
- More Android for Sprint: Samsung Transform (keyboardless Galaxy S?) and Kyocera Zio